Fabric Printing - Kit & Online Workshop - 7 Jan
Time & Location
About the Event
An online workshop in which you will create your own printed tote bag or tea towel to use or to give as a gift.
You will receive:
- A tote bag or tea towel to print - natural colour. Enter your choice when you book your tickets.
- Three wooden Indian printing blocks - each approx 2cm. These will include one with a leaf design and one with a flower design. The third could be a leaf, flower, paisley or other tasteful design. Unfortunately it isn't possible to select specific designs as the supplies are somewhat random.
- Two fabric inks - Ocean Blue palette (light and dark blue) colour palette. Enter your choice when you book your tickets.
- Two foam applicators
- One hour online interactive session - please see below for date
- Written instructions
During the course you will print your own tote bag or tea towel - working through your design and placement of the blocks to create your own personal item
A great workshop for beginners to get a taste for printmaking.
It will be fun! And at the end you will have a unique item to keep or give away. You will also have three wooden blocks that you can re-use to print other textile items, cards or wrapping paper.
Course date: The one hour online interactive Zoom session where I will demonstrate and talk you through your printing will be 7 January 2021 at 2pm-3pm.
Details to access the notes and interactive session will be emailed to you after payment. Postage for the kit is included if you live in Australia. Please allow one week for delivery of the kit (or three weeks if you are in Melbourne). Kits can be collected from Lake Macquarie, please email me and I will put something extra in your pack to compensate the postage.
Any plastic used in the packaging is recyled e.g. it was used to send something to me and I am re-using it.
About your tutor:
Amanda Donohue studied printmaking at Sydney College of the Arts graduating with a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours). She has been a printmaker for over twenty years and a member of the Newcastle Printmakers Workshop for eight years. See more about Amanda at www.amandadonohue.org/about
- Fabric printing kit + online$60$600$0