Fun with Lino - Online Workshop - 31 August
Time & Location
About the Event
With changing times there's a need to adapt, so if you want to learn a new hobby or have been mesmerised by the wonderful lino prints posted online here's your chance to get acquainted with this fantastic and adaptable art from the comfort of your home.
My workshop is designed for beginners and my goal is to get started creating your own wonderful linocut prints which can be framed for the wall, used to create greetings cards or to give as gifts.. We will start with the basics - how to design your linocut, cutting your lino then progressing to inking up your block and printing your images.
Your optional printmaking kit will be posted to you - postage is included if you live in Australia. Please allow one week for delivery of the kit if you order it. Alternatively if you want to collect your kit from Lake Macquarie, already have materials or have done the course before there are discounted tickets available - see the ticket options below.
- Two one hour online interactive Zoom sessions where I'll demonstrate and you can ask questions - these will be Tuesday 31 August and Thursday 2 Sept at 4-5pm on both days.
- Course notes with instructions, supplier details and further inspiration
- Downloadable video instructions that you can re-watch when you need
- Three Japanese cutting tools
- Lino blocks (two 10cm square pieces)
- Selection of printing papers
- Water based printing ink
- Non slip mat for cutting
A great workshop for beginners to get a taste for printmaking - see here what previous participants have created.
After the videos and then yesterday’s zoom session, I feel confident in my Lino endeavours! Thanks - Linelle
The kit was fantastic. Also loved meeting with others and sharing our progress with each other. - Aleisha
It’ll be fun and at the end you’ll have a unique print to keep or give away. You’ll also have your own unique lino blocks that you can re-use to print your own cards or other items.
NB Details to access the video intructions and interactive sessions will be emailed to you after payment.
About your tutor:
Amanda Donohue studied printmaking at Sydney College of the Arts graduating with a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours). She has been a printmaker for over twenty years and a member of the Newcastle Printmakers Workshop for eight years. See more about Amanda at www.amandadonohue.org/about.
- Workshop with POSTED kit$100$1000$0
- Workshop and COLLECTED Kit$90$900$0
- Online Workshop NO KIT$40$400$0
- Repeat Offender$10$100$0