More Fun with Lino - Online Workshop - 31 August
Time & Location
About the Event
An online workshop in which you will learn some new lino skills so that you can create multi coloured lino prints that aren't hand coloured.
You will receive two 90 minute online interactive sessions plus full written instructions you can download and refer to as often as you want. You will also have access to my introductory four part video series covering image selection, transferring images, cutting and printing.
During the course you will cut and print your lino blocks and learn how to create multi coloured prints:
- using one lino and stencils (that's how my Domestic Goddess print above was created)
- reduction prints - not for the faint hearted
- mulit block prints
There is the option to purchase lino printing kits if you need equipment. If you haven't got anything you'll need both kits to do the course - or pop to your local art shop and get what you need.
- More fun kit: contains water based printing ink (yellow, red, blue), stencil paper, paper pack and lino blocks (three 10cm squares).
- Start me up kit: contains cutting tools, lino blocks (two 10cm square pieces), roller, a selection of printing papers, water based printing ink (black) and a non slip mat for cutting.
This is a great workshop for those who have done some lino and want to try some new techniques - see here what previous participants have created.
It’ll be fun and at the end you’ll have a set of unique prints to keep or give away. You’ll also have your own unique lino blocks that you can re-use to print your own cards or other items.
Course only price ($40) includes:
- Course notes with instructions, supplier details and further inspiration
- Downloadable introductory videos that you can re-watch when you need
- Two 90 minute online interactive Zoom sessions where I'll demonstrate and you can ask questions - these will be Monday 31 August 12-1:30 PM and Thursday 3rd September 12-1:30 PM.
Lino printing kit/s (if ordered) cost $40 each including postage.
NB Details to access the video intructions and interactive sessions will be emailed to you after payment. If you order printmaking kit/s these will be posted to you - postage is included if you live in Australia. Please allow one week for delivery of the kit if you order it. If you order and want to collect your kit from Lake Macquarie please email me and I'll put something extra in your pack to compensate the postage.
About your tutor:
Amanda Donohue studied printmaking at Sydney College of the Arts graduating with a Bachelor of Visual Arts (Honours). She has been a printmaker for over twenty years and a member of the Newcastle Printmakers Workshop for eight years. See more about Amanda at www.amandadonohue.org.
- Online lino printing w/o kit$40$400$0
- Online lino with More fun kit$80$800$0
- Online lino with all the stuff$120$1200$0